Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dancing with God



When I meditated on the word
"Guidance"

I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right
The movement doesn't flow with the music
And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead
Both bodies begin to flow with the music

One gives gentle cues
Perhaps with a nudge to the back
Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully
The dance takes surrender, willingness
And attentiveness from one person

And gentle guidance and skill from the other
My eyes drew back to the word
"Guidance"

When I saw "G"
I thought of "God"
followed by "u" and "I"
"God", "u" and "I" dance
God, you, and I dance
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
That I would get guidance about my life and once

Again, I became willing to let God lead
May you abide in God, as God abides in you
Dance together with God
Trusting God to lead and to guide you through each
Season of your life
And I Hope You Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment